Education Otherwise or Home Schooling
We have helped a number of parents who have come to us because they have chosen to take their child out of formal schooling. Homeschooling or Education Otherwise is a growing phenomenon in the UK and is enormous in the USA.
Parents take their children out of formal schooling for all sorts of reasons:
- Poor choice of school locally.
- Children not making progress.
- Bright children needing more one on one attention to thrive.
- Travel issues.
- Wanting to focus exclusively on an important 11 Plus Exam.
Whatever the reason most parents come to us to try and solve one problem:
“How do I create a structured programme for Maths and English which is ability adjusted and will ensure my child covers everything they should know during KS2?”
In an Education Otherwise or Home Schooling environment it’s a real comfort for parents to know the core Maths and English teaching is structured for them. It leaves them to widen their children’s education in History, Science, Geography etc. with varied and fun experiences like field trips.
How can we help?
We provide Maths and English Programmes to Education Otherwise families.
Our programmes are structured to provide half an hour of work a day and we suggest at least twenty minutes reading on top of that. Parents then use the topics covered during the week and do further extension work if they have the time.
By working in this way parents can be sure their children can reach their full potential in both Maths and English and will have the comfort of knowing there will be regular assessments to check they are on track and the process is working well.
What does it cost?
We charge £63 per month to cover both English and Maths. Lessons will be provided in a manner that suits the individual. We provide 36 Lessons during the year split into three 12 week terms.
Some parents like to work during term time so that children have holidays at the same time as children at school, other parents like to take a more flexible approach and work a little more slowly during the term time but also do some work during what would normally be school holidays. We provide our lessons in a flexible way so that parents can use them to suit their schedule.
What results can you expect?
- We aim to get every child to perform to the best of their ability.
- We expect to move any below-average child into above-average performance.
- We have helped parents with very bright children by providing more advanced and stimulating work than they might have got within a formal school.
- We help parents who have taken their children out of formal schooling to focus on preparation work for some of the most gruelling 11 Plus exams.
- All our children benefit from improved levels of confidence, self-study skills and concentration.
How can you get started?
With families who have chosen Education Otherwise or Home Schooling we like to learn as much as we possibly can about the individual situation. We would want to have an initial chat with you and we would want to do a formal assessment of your child’s ability in Maths and English.
We can then ensure that we embark on the most suitable programme of work.
Just fill in the contact us box and we can start the process.